Prepare for Kindergarten
To ensure school readiness, and to prepare each child for the future, our Pre-Kindergarten program furthers our comprehensive STEAM learning approach. In Pre-Kindergarten, personalized learning experiences continue to be guided by Everbrook Academy’s STEAM-focused, research-based early education curriculum, Explorer 21™, while we guide children through 10 significant developmental areas:
- Approaches to Learning: Children develop independence, as well as creativity and cooperation.
- Logic and Reasoning: Children work on patterning, object sorting, and word problems.
- Literacy: Children are exposed to language through stories, small-group reading (including chapter books), and journal writing.
- Language: Children are encouraged to use language to think and communicate.
- Math: Children are exposed to measurement, graphing and numeral identification.
- Physical Development and Health: Children practice fine motor skills, such as cutting with scissors and holding a pencil or crayon, as well as deepen their understanding of health and nutrition.
- Social-Emotional Development: Children learn cooperation, conflict resolution, and other critical life skills.
- Creative Arts Expression: Children express ideas and feelings through music, movement, visual arts, and dance.
- Social Studies: Children develop a respect for diversity, family, and community.
- Nature and Science: Children will learn how to make predictions, observe, and generalize data through experimentation and investigation.
In this program, we continue to offer engaging STEAM activities for individuals, as well as small and large groups. In addition, this classroom features:
- Hands-on materials for measurements and calculations
- Robotics materials and introduction to coding concepts
- Opportunities for reading, writing, dramatic play, and music
- Inspire Plus interactive table for collaborative, small group learning experiences
Search for schools in your area to learn more about the programs offered at your local Everbrook Academy.